Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 15 April 2016

Two little boys' hats...





I had some blue yarn left over after knitting my recent scarf and I didn't want to put it back "in the bag".  So I knitted two newborn baby hats.  The colours are possibly a little darker than most baby hats.  But I would have used these if Daughter had been a boy and I also have nieces who are crazy about a football team that wears these colours.

The pattern I used for the darker hat is by Heather Tucker and can be found here.  I like the raised stitches detail as it adds just enough interest.  It is very easy, though you do have to keep track of which round you are knitting.  For the variegated hat, I followed the Basic Baby Hat pattern which is also by Heather Tucker.  It is a complete breeze to knit as it omits the raised stitches detail.  Just point your needles and go!

The nieces I mentioned probably have at least five years living to do before they produce babies.  So I will probably send these hats off to Operation Orphan.

Newsflash: my dilemma about what to do with the shocking pink yarn has been solved.  I have actually made a start on using it in a new project.  Watch this space.....


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to Mamas Stitchery. There are some great patterns there.
    The hats came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Una, your hats are gorgeous! Hope you have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always good to use stash up and not have it lingering in a bag. Nice hats Una. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use up leftover yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hats Una and thank you for the links, can't wait to see what you are doing with the pink yarn. Have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing your project. Although all my crafting efforts are on hold while I prepare to move, knitting continues to sustain me. Thank God for knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hats Una!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh what did you do with the pink?! Lovely hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue yarns made beautiful hats, Una. Can't want to see what you're going to make with the shocking pink yarn. :^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.